For the second consecutive year, New York City-based Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has been ranked as having the best antitrust practice by Vault.com, a source of ratings, rankings, and insight for law students and lawyers.
The rankings were based on a poll of 17,000 associates, who were asked to vote for up to three firms they consider strongest in their own practice area. Associates were not permitted to vote for their own firms.
Cleary Gottlieb was mentioned by nearly 46% of the respondents. The firm was described as “international,” “diverse,” “quirky,” and “bookish.” A firm-wide commitment to international legal work was noted.
Arnold & Porter, which was tied with Cleary Gottlieb at the top in last year’s list, dropped to number two. The firm was mentioned by 40% of the respondents.
The Top 15 Antitrust Law Firms Are:
1. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (New York, NY)Further details regarding the antitrust rankings are available here.
2. Arnold & Porter LLP (Washington, DC)
3. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (Chicago, IL)
4. Jones Day (Washington, D.C.)
5. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (San Francisco, CA)
6. Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
7. Covington & Burling LLP (Washington, DC)
8. Latham & Watkins LLP (Palo Alto, CA)
9. Hogan Lovells US LLP (Washington, DC)
10. Kirkland & Ellis, LLP (New York, NY)
11. Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP (New York, NY)
12. O’Melveny & Myers LLP (Los Angeles, CA)
13. Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP (New York, NY)
14. Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Palo Alto, CA)
15. WilmerHale (Washington, DC).